2D5D

Two dimensional representations of five dimensional objects

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

asphyxiate me softly

So, seeing that severina has a crochet choker pattern in the new AntiCraft, I decided to make one.

An assessment of the yarn and hook situation reveals the following:
The biggest tiny hook I have is 1.75mm. I think I have a bigger tiny one somewhere, but I will never find it since we're moving. I'm surprised I found this one.

Fingering weight yarn: I have some Cherry Tree Hill glitter alpaca, which is really pretty stuff, but it's way thicker than the crochet cotton.

I have some crochet cotton in a burgundy color, so that may work even with the too-small hook

I have a small amount of mohair stuff that I stole from my stepbrother's closet. some is peach and some is white. It is about the right size

I have some really thin nylon eyelash-y stuff, which is smaller than the crochet cotton, and probably more appropriate for the too-small hook. It's grey - a lovely London fog effect (in the smog sense, which suits the asphyxiation theme at least) Unfortunately, it would also be almost impossible to see, causing the frustration factor to outweigh the benefit.

So:
I decided to use the crochet cotton, but to make a wrist-thing with 2 motifs. Here's the first one, alone and as modeled by Zeus, slightly disgruntled


3 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Severina said…

    Your squares are coming out a bit more "square" than mine did! Mine were pretty rectangular-2 1/2" x 3". I was intending for them to be square but they went all rectangle on me.
    Still pretty nice crocheting! I've been paranoid people couldn't figure out my half-assed directions.
    Just don't humiliate Zeus too much.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    I haven't had trouble with the directions at all. Of course, it helps that (unlike with knitting) I actually know how to crochet.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    Poor doggie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home