2D5D

Two dimensional representations of five dimensional objects

Monday, July 10, 2006

fingerless gloves with handspun

So, I decided to actually make something with some hand-dyed, handspun yarn. It's based on the "voodoo wrist warmer" pattern on knitty, made with a version of my "rhododendron" colorway, in this case made into something like a self-striping DK yarn.

Fiber


Dyed hands = side effect


Spinning it




The first time I've ever tried double-pointed needle knitting. I started it off at Circles yesterday


Still in progress


4 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Severina said…

    Nice! My first handspun socks were so thick they didn't even function as house slippers, much less socks.

    I have absolutely no patience for drop spindles. I wound up learning on one of those Indian brass spindles that you rest on your leg. Anything that's supported by the yarn turns into a cat toy at my house.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    It's a good thing that dogs have little to no interest in yarn.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Xolo said…

    I've seen the dogs looking expectantly at the balls of yarn as you carrying them. You can tell they are hoping that you throw it so they can chase.

    They also have a slight curiousity in smelling the wool yarn trying to figure out just what sheep it came off of.

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Siercia said…

    Those are looking lovely!

    *wave* We met briefly at Circles on Sunday - I was the one working on the little stripe-y hat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home