2D5D

Two dimensional representations of five dimensional objects

Thursday, June 15, 2006

spinning yarn

I have been spinning yarn on a drop spindle! I find it very relaxing.


The first batch of yarn was dyed with tea. It's drying on the wineglass holder.






Then I plied it with a yarn died in coffee, making a combination of brown and slightly darker brown.

It's very very thick - probably because each ply is bulky. It wasn't enough to make anything, so I made a yarn necklace.














The next batch is similarly thick and plied, but dyed with food dyes

Two balls

3 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    I know the pictures are kinda screwed up as placed in the text. I don't feel like fixing it, so I think you can figure out which picture is which! My readers are smart and all.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    That's thick yarn. How do you knit or crochet with it?

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    Well, you can use BIG needles or hooks. This was mostly just practice spinning yarn - the first batches. I've been spinning thinner yarn lately, but I'm trying to post the pictures in chronological order.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home