2D5D

Two dimensional representations of five dimensional objects

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Back to Boston

1. Back!

My father's brain surgery went well - more can be learned at my (neglected) "real" blog boring sara

So I managed to knit and crochet a hell of a lot because of the long, long waits in hospital waiting rooms and in my dad's room once he was in the ICU. I'll need to put some pictures up when I de-lazify a bit (if that ever happens).

2. Not a morning person

I'm hoping to wake up adequately early to go to the Sunday AM social knitting group at Circles in JP tomorrow. I want to knit a pair of these with some handspun yarn. Or perhaps something "vintage"...

3. "Vintage"

My stepmother keeps EVERYTHING. She has a ball of salvaged rubber-bands seriously the size of a softball. Plus, she has a myriad of multi-colored twist ties from, I think, EVERY loaf of bread she has ever owned. She also has lots of old knitting and crochet patterns from the 1960's and 70's. So they are technically "vintage" (as am I if that date range meets the criteria)

I photocopied a bunch of random stuff that I liked. The photocopier was overheating, so I didn't necessarily get what came from where, etc. Anyway, Maybe I'll bring one of them and pick out some yarn tomorrow.

Maybe I'll join the Vintage Knit-Along too. Of course my 1970's vintage seems a little unripe in comparison. Oh well.

4. project jumper

Still thinking about the heart tank. Needs some more thought!

5. New Mexico wool acquisition

I bought a pound of Navajo Churro wool at Village Wools in Albuquerque. Luckily, it compresses well as stuffed into a suitcase. Will be spun at some point.

6. knitting podcasts

If anyone reads this, can you suggest a good one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home